Well, at least I’ve answered one question

I figured out why the web app I was trying to build before broken when I used the exported build script. Turns out that you need to run a setup script to get your environment “just right” before running the build.
Continue reading “Well, at least I’ve answered one question”

Ant 1.6.2 doesn’t work on Java 1.4.1

Little warning for anyone else who stumbles across this problem: the stylesheet used for <junitreport> in Ant 1.6.2 does not work with Xalan 2.2. Unfortunately, this is the version that’s bundled inside the rt.jar in Java 1.4.1.

Continue reading “Ant 1.6.2 doesn’t work on Java 1.4.1”

Mixing and leads to confusion…

Update: It’s not a bug, it’s a feature! Seriously. 😉 It turns out that the <ant> task effectively sets the basedir property as a user-property, which means that it can’t be changed. User-properties are propogated through regardless of the inheritAll flag. The doco could have been clearer, but that’s life.

The easy work around: don’t use the dir attribute to locate the file, actually specify it in full (see the bug report for the example).

I lodged a bug report with Apache Ant today; first one in a long while. It turns out the the <ant> and <subant> tasks aren’t entirely compatible.

Continue reading “Mixing and leads to confusion…”

%d bloggers like this: